The Fall is a great season to catch airfares on sale. Here’s a few sales that will help you save today:
- In recognition of the presidential campaigning season, Virgin America is running its “Both Sides of the Isle Win” sale. Travelers booking by August 20th and willing to travel by November 14th now have some nice fares to choose from.
- JetBlue has extended its “Turn Over a New Leaf Sale” until midnight tonight (8/17). The airline is offering one-way fares from $49 to a number of destinations for travel between September 4th and November 14th.
- Southwest Airlines is conducting a “Nationwide Sale” through August 24th where you can catch low fares (starting at $69 each way) on nearly all flights from August 24th thru February 13th. Of course, blackout days apply – so check with Southwest.com for details.
- AirTran is also offering discount fares through August 24th (competing with SWA) on hundreds of flight combinations around the country.
- Even American Airlines is getting into the sale swing, discounting tickets purchased by August 24th and valid for travel through February 13th.
Here’s some more travel news you can use:
- Ever been frustrated by fuel surcharges? Well, try this on for size: After being forced to take an emergency layover in Syria, passengers on Air France Flight 562 were asked to open their wallets to check if they had enough cash to pay for more fuel.
- CNN recently spotlighted the “The World’s Top 10 Airport Lounges” which offer first-rate amenities, privacy and calm. Can you guess which U.S. airport lounge made the list?
- Planning to travel for Thanksgiving this year? Well, you may want to start shopping for tickets a little early this year. A number of reports indicate that airfares are climbing with no leveling-off in sight. In fact, the cheapest fares are likely the ones you’re seeing now.